Siemens and Voltaiq have developed a new solution that combines Siemens’ Insights Hub and Voltaiq’s Enterprise Battery Intelligence™ (EBI) to accelerate battery manufacturing.
Siemens and Voltaiq Confront Industry Challenges Head-on With Combined Solution
- Consistently ensuring each battery meets the highest standards for performance and safety is challenging. Variations in manufacturing conditions can lead to inconsistencies in battery quality, so it’s important to maintain rigorous quality control throughout production. To stay competitive, manufacturers must accelerate material and design innovations and optimize battery costs while reaching energy density targets and ensuring safe battery utilization.
- : Scaling up battery production to meet increasing demand, especially for electric vehicles, without compromising quality or efficiency is a significant challenge. This includes managing larger automated giga facilities at scale with consistent machine performance, while understanding – and responding to – the influences of complex machinery to the characteristics of battery cells.
- Battery manufacturing involves complex chemical processes – a combination of batch process, continuous process and discrete process – that are complex to manage. This complexity can lead to waste and inefficiencies. Manufacturers strive to optimize these processes to minimize waste and improve overall efficiency, addressing both cost and environmental concerns.
- Manufacturers must find ways to constantly reduce costs without compromising product quality. These include the cost of raw materials, manufacturing processes, and technology development.
Experience the Holistic Solution for Optimizing Battery Cell Manufacturing
- Inject real data into equipment/factory models to identify root causes and solutions to help reduce scrap rate with faster iteration thanks to earlier detection and remediation of issues on the factory floor.
- Reduction of product quality issues thanks to speedier detection and remediation of issues during end-of-line formation, aging, and product quality assurance (QA) processes.
- Evaluate production performance with trusted and automated descriptive analytics of production status. Enable rapid product development with a real-time feedback loop between testing and simulation. Increase uptime and reduce scrap with predictive analytics for equipment maintenance and production quality.
- Achieve on-time launch by detecting issues early thanks to electrochemichal analytics, rapid simulations, and improving designs.